ADVANCED ALGORITHMIC APPROACHES TO MEDICAL IMAGE SEGMENTATION: STATE OF THE ART APPLICATIONS IN CARDIOLOGY, NEUROLOGY, MAMMOGRAPHY AND PATHOLOGY
SINGH, SAMEER / SURI, JASJIT S. / SETAREHDAN, S. KAMALEDIN
Quantidade limitada no estoque. Envio imediato.
Editora Springer Verlag
Número de páginas 660
Edição 1ª EDIÇÃO - 2002
Medical imaging is an important topic which is generally recognised as key to better diagnosis and patient care. It has experienced an explosive growth over the last few years due to imaging modalities such as X-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, and ultrasound.
This book focuses primarily on state-of-the-art model-based segmentation techniques which are applied to cardiac, brain, breast and microscopic cancer cell imaging. It includes contributions from authors based in both industry and academia and presents a host of new material including algorithms for:
- brain segmentation applied to MR;
- neuro-application using MR;
- parametric and geometric deformable models for brain segmentation;
- left ventricle segmentation and analysis using least squares and constrained least squares models for cardiac X-rays;
- left ventricle analysis in echocardioangiograms;
- breast lesion detection in digital mammograms;
detection of cells in cell images.
As an overview of the latest techniques, this book will be of particular interest to students and researchers in medical engineering, image processing, computer graphics, mathematical modelling and data analysis. It will also be of interest to researchers in the fields of mammography, cardiology, pathology and neurology.